2 Bedroom Holiday Apartment - Sleeps 4 | Private Parking | Elevator | formerly named Parkgate Residence
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Floor 2nd (lift/elevator)
- Designated Private Garage Parking
- Personal Meet & Welcome Service
- Floor Area approx 60sqm / 645sqft
- Smoke-free and pet-free apartment.
- 4 Star Visit Scotland Rating
- 2 minutes - Royal Mile
- 2 minutes - Edinburgh Tour Bus
- 6 minutes - Scottish Parliament
- 7 minutes - Holyrood Palace
- 15 minutes - St.Giles Cathedral
- 15 minutes - Waverley Train Station
- 20 minutes - Princes Street/New Town
- 25 minutes - Edinburgh Castle
- 25 minute - Tram at St Andrew's Sq
The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh
It’s the ideal location – right in the heart of Edinburgh’s historic Old Town yet situated in a lovely quiet spot, the two bedroom Botantist Apartment (formerly named Parkgate Residence Edinburgh) is your perfect stylish holiday home-from-home where you will find a real warm contemporary Scottish welcome and stunning views of Arthur’s Seat.
Built on the historical site of formal gardens for houses on neighbouring Canongate where much of Edinburgh’s botanical expertise was gained, everything that Edinburgh city centre has to offer is a short walk from here – the Old Town, the New Town, Princes Street – history, architecture, galleries, shops, restaurants, cafes, theatres and cinemas. You can even plan a relaxing (or not so relaxing) walk nearby in Queens Park taking in the breathtaking views of the City from Arthur’s Seat.
The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh is a superb 2nd floor flat forming part of an exclusive luxury built development adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace and Dynamic Earth. Marvel at the stunning view of Arthur’s Seat and Salisbury Crags as you sit and have breakfast at the solid oak dining table, planning your day in this fabulous city.
In the spacious living/dining room, relax into the sumptuous leather chesterfield sofas with their cosy pure wool plaid cushions as you settle back to watch some of the classic Scottish film DVDs that have been chosen for you. Enjoy the modern Scottish art adorning the walls, showing scenes from around Edinburgh.
Crisp white 200 count Egyptian cotton bed linen and top of the range memory foam/pocket spring mattresses provide the ultimate comfort for a great night’s sleep, as you recharge from your days exploring this iconic city. Bedroom 1 features a super king bed, which can also be set up as two single beds, and an en-suite shower room with toilet and basin. In bedroom 2 you will find a double bed. There is also a main bathroom with a bath and shower over, toilet and basin.
The flat comes with the convenience of an elevator/lift – very handy if you’ve worn yourself out with sightseeing (or shopping)!
There a designated garage parking space, as well as a flat screen TV, NowTV Box, Bose Soundlink speaker and wifi throughout.
Tasty eateries and cafes are right on your doorstep allowing you to refuel after a busy day or set yourself up for a day of shopping with a hearty breakfast. There is also a handy local supermarket in the same block should you wish to relax and cook at home in your fully-equipped kitchen which includes a dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
Check-in, Check-out & Payment : The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh
Check-in 16:00 – 20.00
Check-out before 11:00
Entry to the apartment is from 4pm till 9pm, exact time by arrangement with your host.
The latest departure time is 11:00, however, a guaranteed later departure (up to 20:00) can be arranged for a fee of 50% of the daily rate for that day but please note this is subject to no existing booking arriving that day already. This can be arranged with us 48h before your check-out.
This is a peaceful, no parties flat.
Postal code EH8 8AU
Your booking is secured with a 30% deposit. Your balance is then due 60 days before arrival.
Formerly named The Parkgate Residence Edinburgh
- Washing Machine
- Freeview/Smart TV
- Linen provided
- Bath towels provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron / ironing Board
- Bose Soundlink speaker
- Travel Cot & High Chair on request
- Heating costs included
- Energy Efficiency Rating: Band C (74)
- Environmental Impact Rating C(77)
The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh - Live Availability Calendar & On-line Booking
Available dates for The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh are shown in the calendar below. Simply click on the dates you want for your holiday (minimum 2, 4 or 7 nights depending on time of the year) and secure your booking now. Prices will show when you have selected your dates.
Click on your arrival date to start your booking (arrival date needs to be at least 5 clear days from today to book on-line).
If your chosen dates are not available our other Edinburgh old town holiday flat, The Malt Kiln Apartment (sleeps 6) nearby (5 minute walk) may be free.
The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh was formerly named the Parkgate Residence Edinburgh.
The Botanist Apartment Edinburgh - Location
- If the cancellation is made more than 60 days in advance of the booked dates, only the rental deposit will be retained by us. Any rental payments over and above that plus the security deposit will, of course, be refunded to you.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 60 days before the booked dates, your rental payment will not be refunded. The security deposit will, of course, be refunded to you.
This is for stays where Covid restrictions are not in place, ie normal operation.
You may wish to arrange insurance that covers you in the event of your having to cancel.
2. This is strictly a peaceful, no parties flat. There is a Minut sound monitor installed - this records the level of sound (does not record the actual sounds, conversations etc).
3. In common with ALL holiday rentals in Scotland, bookings for all stays from 1st October 2023 will only go ahead if our license application is accepted then granted by Edinburgh Council. We are optimistic that this will be the case, but of course this cannot be guaranteed.