- Sleeps 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Bathrooms 1
- Floor 1st
- Designated Private Garage Parking
- Shared balcony
- Personal Meet & Welcome Service
- Floor Area approx 73sqm / 789sqft
- Smoke-free and Pet-free apartment
- 3 Star Visit Scotland Rating
- 2 minutes - Royal Mile
- 2 minutes - Edinburgh Tour Bus
- 5 minutes - Scottish Parliament
- 6 minutes - Holyrood Palace
- 15 minutes - St.Giles Cathedral
- 10 minutes - Waverley Train Station
- 15 minutes - Princes Street & New Town
- 20 minute - Tram at St Andrew's Sq
- 25 minutes - Edinburgh Castle
The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh
In a lovely quiet area just off Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, nestling at the foot of historic Calton Hill, the seriously stylish three bedroom Malt Kiln Apartment (formerly named McDonald Residence Edinburgh) is your perfect relaxing holiday retreat. On the site of the former historic Canongate brewery maltings, only minutes walk away from the main attractions in City Centre Edinburgh, the flat has been expertly designed to give you a stylish contemporary Scottish welcome.
Appreciate the Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired architecture of The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh as you return to your city hideaway after an afternoon perhaps strolling on the Royal Mile, having taken in all the lovely shops with their local crafts and cashmere, and historic sights such as the magnificent St.Giles Cathedral or Holyrood Palace.
Sink back into the luscious comfort of your large corner sofa piled high with cushions in wools, plaids and silks, as you relax and plan your evening out maybe at one of Edinburgh’s many wonderful restaurants – some are Michelin starred. Or see if there is something that takes your fancy on stage for a wonderful night at one of Edinburgh’s world-class theatres.
On the walls of the Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh, photography of nearby local scenes from Edinburgh’s Old Town, taken by the apartment owner, rub shoulders with Modern Scottish art prints to give a real sense of where you are, and perhaps the inspiration for planning your day trips and visits!
Crisp white 200 count Egyptian cotton bed linen and pocket spring mattresses provide the ultimate comfort for a great night’s sleep, as you recharge from your days exploring this iconic city.
Bedroom 1 features a super king bed, which can also be set up as two single beds, In bedroom 2 you will find a double bed (access to bed from one side only), and in bedroom 3, a king size bed (which can be made up as two small singles). There is a main bathroom with a bath and shower over, toilet and basin.
The flat comes with a flat screen smart TV, Bose Soundtouch bluetooth speaker and wifi throughout and benefits from the convenience of a designated garage parking space (tight turning space). The apartment is on the first floor.
A selection of restaurants and cafes are right on your doorstep on the Royal Mile tempting you to dine close to home after a busy day exploring, or even for breakfast al fresco! There is also a local food store conveniently located to the rear of the apartment block, and a supermarket a few minutes walk away should you wish to chill out and cook at home in your fully-equipped kitchen – which includes a dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
Check-in, Check-out & Payment : The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh
Your host will arrange to meet you to welcome you into the apartment.
Check-in is from 4pm to 8pm.
The latest departure time is 11am, however, a guaranteed later departure (up to 8pm) can be arranged for a fee of 50% of the daily rate for that day but please note this is subject to no existing booking arriving that day already. This can be arranged with us 48h before your check-out.
This is a peaceful, no parties flat.
Your booking is secured with a 30% deposit. Your balance is then due 60 days before arrival.
Formerly named The McDonald Residence Edinburgh.
- Washing Machine
- Freeview/Smart TV
- Linen provided
- Bath towels provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron / ironing Board
- Bose Soundtouch speaker
- Travel cot/Highchair on request
- Heating costs included
- Energy Efficiency Rating - Band D (65)
- Environmental Impact Rating - Band C (69)
The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh - Live Availability Calendar & On-line Booking
Available dates for The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh are shown in the calendar below. Simply click on the dates you would like for your holiday (minimum 2, 4 or 7 nights depending on time of year) to secure your booking now. Click on your arrival date then input the number of nights you wish to stay to see your prices and start your booking.
Your arrival date needs to be at least 5 clear days from today to book on-line.
If your chosen dates are not available, our other holiday flat, The Botanist Apartment (sleeps 4) nearby (5 minutes walk) - may be free.
The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh was formerly named the McDonald Residence Edinburgh.
The Malt Kiln Apartment Edinburgh - Location
- If the cancellation is made more than 60 days in advance of the booked dates, only the rental deposit will be retained by us. Any rental payments over and above that plus the security deposit will, of course, be refunded to you.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 60 days before the booked dates, your rental payment will not be refunded. The security deposit will, of course, be refunded to you.
This is for stays where Covid restrictions are not in place, ie normal operation.
You may wish to arrange insurance that covers you in the event of your having to cancel.
2. This is strictly a peaceful, no parties flat. There is a Minut sound monitor installed - this records the level of sound (does not record the actual sounds, conversations etc).
3. In common with ALL holiday rentals in Scotland, bookings for all stays from 1st October 2023 will only go ahead if our license application is accepted then granted by Edinburgh Council. We are optimistic that this will be the case, but of course this cannot be guaranteed.